September 22nd officially marks the beginning of fall, and—here in East Tennessee—that means more and more visitors are planning their vacations. Whether it’s to visit the Great Smoky Mountains National Park or to take a trip to Pigeon Forge, fall is the perfect time to embrace all our area has to offer. At The Island in Pigeon Forge, we change things up in autumn so that you are sure to find something new to enjoy for the season. Here are five things you will love at The Island this fall:
- The View: From the top of The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, you can get an amazing view of the Smokies. With the changing of the leaves in full swing, your view from 200 feet in the air is that much more breathtaking.
- Live Bluegrass: Almost every day during the fall, guests can enjoy live bluegrass music at the Ole Smoky Moonshine stage. Relax in a rocking chair in front of the stage and enjoy a variety of traditional bluegrass bands.
- Fall Flavors: From Ole Smoky’s pumpkin pie and apple pie moonshine to new flavors of ice cream at The Island Creamery, fall brings a fresh taste and variety of choices to guests. Don’t forget about Big Rock Candy Kitchen’s caramel apples!
- Pedicures: What’s so different about a pedicure in the fall? Well at Margaritaville Island Hotel’s St. Somewhere Spa, fall marks the initiation of pumpkin pedicures! This will allow you to take some time to relax while on vacation and pamper yourself.
- Decorations: One of the best things about visiting The Island in the autumn months is enjoying fall decorations throughout the property. Whether it’s around our Island Show Fountain or down Market Street, harvest-themed décor will be abundant this season.