5 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do During Winterfest at The Island
With over 23-acres of lights, a 35-foot tall Christmas tree and an array of holiday decorations, Winterfest here at The Island in Pigeon Forge is a treat for guests of all ages. With all the hustle and bustle of shopping and rides, you may be left wondering what other holiday activities are available leading up to Christmas. Whether you’re on a Pigeon Forge vacation or just visiting for the day, don’t miss out on these “hidden gems” of the season here at The Island:
- Write Letters to Santa: Located conveniently in the breezeway near the Island Show Fountain, guests – no matter their age – can take time to write letters with wishes to Santa. When you’re finished, simply drop your letter off in the mailbox located beside the table!
- Ride the Winterfest Island Express: Guests can always enjoy riding The Island Express year-round here at The Island, but during Winterfest, the ride transforms! Purchase an Island Express Train ticket on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday throughout Winterfest, and you will receive a golden ticket good for a free hot chocolate from Margaritaville Coffee Shop and a bell to ring on the ride.
- Meet Santa: Almost every family wants to have their picture made with Santa during the holidays, and – here at The Island – you can do just that! Santa will be available to meet guests and take photos on certain days leading up to Christmas. Just be sure to check out our events page for dates and times!
- Enjoy Seasonal Flavors: With a number of eateries and specialty shops to buy drinks and candy here at The Island, guests are always presented with a number of options for seasonal treats. These flavors only come around once a year, so you don’t want to miss out! From Ole Smoky Moonshine’s Shine Nog to hot chocolate from Yee-Haw Snack Shack and Pumpkin Ooey Gooey Butter Cake from Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen, don’t forget to treat yourself during Winterfest!
- Photo Props: Placed all around the Christmas tree at The Island, guests can find a number of winter and Christmas-themed photo props to use. Take pictures with your family and friends using the props, and be sure to share them with us using the hashtag #TheIslandPF on social media!
When visiting The Island in Pigeon Forge, don’t forget to take advantage of all the details and events that go into making Winterfest a huge hit. Want to stay up-to-date on the latest news? Like us on Facebook!